8760 37th Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53142
|Pastor Cindy Aasen –Bridge Pastor (open)
|Olga Kowalski – Secretary
|Maggie Dahlberg – Music Director
Directors choirs both voice and bell. Plays the organ for the church service.
Makes St. Paul’s shine. Setups up rooms and events, and cleans up after events. A true gem at St. Paul’s.
|Pat Demos – Council President
Leads the Council and guides the congregation.
|Jim Janda – Council Vice President
Council Vice President
|Judy Ginkowski – Secretary
Secretary of Council
Takes notes in each of the council meetings publish the notes. Publishes notes for the Annual and congregational meetings.
|Bob DeYoung – Treasurer
St. Paul’s Treasurer
Other council members: Jan Anderson, Ruby Glogovsky, Matt Johnson, Bernie Vash
The History of St. Paul’s
Since 1892, St. Paul’s Lutheran Church has been part of the faith community of Kenosha. As the church membership has grown, we have worked to provide facilities for worship services and the Christian education needs of our family.
On June 2nd of 1892, the first Swedish church in Kenosha, St. Paul’s Lutheran Church was established at the home of Mr. and Mrs. August Strangberg located at 129 Third Avenue (now known as 5432 16th Avenue). The church was built by Mr. Gustofson and was dedicated on November 27, 1898. In 1909, the building was literally lifted up to build a basement and new heating was installed. Sunday School rooms were provided through this building project.
In 1918, two lots were purchased on the corner of 26th Avenue and Roosevelt Road for $3,600. On October 28, 1923, the church and parsonage were completed and Pastor Johnson held the first service. There was a dedication of a church renovation in 1953, which included new classrooms, kitchen remodeling, and the addition of a Wicks organ.
Groundbreaking took place for our present church, located at the corner of 39th Avenue and 88th Street, in 1970. On February 13, 1972, we had our church dedication ceremony and in June of 2002, our faith community celebrated 110 years of ministry.
Recognizing the need to update the worship space, the congregation voted to remodel the existing sanctuary and narthex area and this work was completed in 2004.
We have been served by a number of dedicated clergy members over the last 115+ years. Our current pastor is Pastor Karen Pahl. She has been with us since December 2015.